Victoria Texas Not Among Cities With Dirtiest Air
When it comes to air pollution, I’d say we’re pretty lucky in Victoria. First of all, the air is pretty clean, despite the fact that we have plants and oil in the area. It’s also good to kn ow we have organizations like Air Victoria that work to make sure our air stays clean. Meanwhile, in other parts of the country, life is not so sweet. The American Lung Association recently released a new report of the cities with the cleanest and dirtiest air and (surprise!) five California cities topped the “dirtiest cities” list. Of course, California might be clogged with more smoke than Don Draper’s lungs, but it’s not the only dirty place in America. Here are some ways to tell if your corner of the country could use a lot of Febreze.
1. Your town is known as the “iron lung capital of the world.”
2. The police cars, ambulances and school buses are all Hummers.
3. You never need to wear sunblock at the beach thanks to all the smog.
4. The mayor refers to breathing as “a privilege, not a right.”
5. During the winter months, you get up extra early to shovel the ash off of the driveway.
6. Your town banned every KFC, Burger King and Pizza Hut because it can’t handle any more methane.
7. You and your neighbors earned enough “Camel Cash” to buy the police department its own tank.
8. The town’s nuclear power plant is run by BP.
9. The town’s most common illness is miners’ lung.
10. Your city has the world’s only mandatory “outdoor” smoking ban.
11. When you go out of town, you spot a strange, bright, round object in the sky and are surprised to learn it’s something called “the sun.”
12. Your city has a “lung scrubber” tax.
13. You live in California.