How Can We Help West, Texas?
Carter Blood Care in Waco opened its doors at 9 a.m today. To begin taking donations for the events in West, by 9:45 the line was already wrapped around the building with approx 200 people. From Baylor students to professionals top those who just wanted to help.
If you would like to help out in some way yourself, see below for a list of places accepting donations for those impacted by the West explosion:
· Carter Blood Center in Waco will be taking blood donations starting at 9 a.m. Thursday morning.
· Scott and White Blood and Donation Center taking blood donations overnight.
· Point West Bank – drop off or send to 200 West Oak Street, West 76691
· The Extraco Events Center in Waco will be setting up to take donations starting at 9 am on Thursday. For information, call (254) 776-1660
· Both Peas & Tots and Smarty Pants consignment stores in Waco are accepting clothing donations in all sizes for those in West.
Locally, South Texas Blood and Tissue Center here in Victoria are in need TYPE O negative and platelet donations. Donors can make appointment at the Victoria Donor Room at 1109 Sam Houston Drive or call 361-576-3651 ext 2920 for more information.
We will keep you updated if there are any other locations taking donations that are closer to the Victoria area that will be assisting those impacted in West, Texas.